Summer is a happy season for many people. There’s the sun’s warmth, vacations, and the Fourth of July with its parades, concerts, and barbecues. If you find yourself with plenty to be happy about, make sure you are flashing a smile you feel comfortable with. After all, other people’s first impression of you is often based on your smile. And where your self-image is concerned, it is your own pearly whites you often notice when you look in the mirror.
If you would like a better-looking smile, here are a few simple ideas:
- Teeth whitening – You can get brighter, cleaner-looking teeth with the help of whitening treatments. While there are various teeth whitening products available, it is a good idea to consult your dentist for the treatment that suits you best.
- Crown – If you have a tooth that is badly shaped or discolored, consider a crown. The crown will make your tooth stronger and more attractive. Crowns can be used as anchors when attaching bridges.
- Veneers – With veneers, a thin, tooth-colored material is crafted to cover the front of the teeth. The veneers are often indiscernible from your natural teeth.
- Bonding – With this process, the dentin and your natural enamel are fused using a bonding material such as porcelain to create an appealing and enduring result.
- Braces – Most everyone knows what braces are. Whether correcting misaligned bites or crooked or crowded teeth, modern braces are less noticeable than ever before. They often use clear plastic brackets instead of the conspicuous metal ones. Removable aligners or invisible braces are used, too, as an alternative to traditional braces.
- Brushing and flossing – These are common but critical dental practices that add luster to your smile and help keep it healthy for many years.
For more ideas for improving your smile, consult your Utah cosmetic dentistry clinic.